The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is developed to provide a thorough knowledge of Health and Safety Management system and practices to the learners who have, or are looking to develop into, a senior role in an organization for managing health and safety policy and practice. Learners will develop knowledge and skills relevant to putting policy into practice, utilizing management systems, resources, risk and incident management, leadership, management and skills development.
OTHM Qualifications are approved and regulated by OfQual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation). OTHM has progression arrangement with several UK universities that acknowledges the ability of learners after studying Level 3-7 qualifications to be considered for advanced entry into corresponding degree year/top-up and Master’s/top-up programs.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 6 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Bachelor’s Degrees with Honors, Bachelor’s Degrees, Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates.
Who should do this course?
· Managers and supervisors who are responsible for their team’s health & safety
· Employees of organizations to understand their health and safety responsibilities
· Safety professionals and practitioners who wish to refresh their knowledge and add international qualification to their profile
· Project managers and directors to help them understand the importance of health and safety
· Anyone responsible for looking after health and safety at workplace
For entry onto the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety qualification, learners must possess:
Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF certificate or diploma or equivalent recognized qualification that covers the following basic concepts within Occupational Health & Safety:
· Science and Technology
· Legal and regulatory systems
· Workplace safety and health
· Definitions of risk and risk management principles
· Principles and theories of safety and health management
· Occupational health and hygiene
· Occupational psychology
· Information technology, literacy and numeracy
Qualifications that fulfill this requirement include:
· British Safety Council Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
· British Safety Council International Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
· NCFE IOSH Level 3 Certificate in Safety and Health for Business
· NCRQ Level 6 Certificate in Applied Health and Safety
· NEBOSH NGC/IGC in Occupational Health and Safety
What will you learn?
There are 7 mandatory units in this course:
· UNIT 1: Health and Safety Management Principles and Policy
· UNIT 2: Health and Safety Management Practice
· UNIT 3: Risk and Incident Management
· UNIT 4: Promoting a Positive Health and Safety Culture
· UNIT 5: Maintaining a Safe Workplace Environment
· UNIT 6: Health and Safety Law, Regulation and Influence
· UNIT 7: Development of the Health and Safety Practitioner
Assessment and Verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes. To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgment that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
After Successful completion of OTHM Level 6 Diploma in OHS:
• Learners will be able to apply for HSE Manager. (With work experience)
• Learners could get GradIOSH.
• As this qualification is approved and regulated by OfQual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into relevant masters degree programs in the UK.